How to Date a
She’s confident. She knows what she’s doing. She’s on top of her career game. And yes, she’s a certified, self-confessed corporate slave – a true blue workaholic without a sense of remorse for being one. And if you’re dating one such woman, you’d have to know how to take things slow while keeping up with the fast pace of her life.
After learning on how to tell if a girl is falling for you, read carefully.
Workaholics, without regard for gender, are among the hardest people to date. They are actually so much harder to date than the pickiest of people; and more likely than not, she is actually picky. They may seem like they are in actual control of their time, but more often than not, their time is controlling them. It is extremely challenging for them to find time to squeeze you in their schedule, between trying to manage work and their own personal lives. If these two are hard enough and packed tightly enough for them to handle, it would be very hard to imagine where you could fit in.
Tips on dating a Workaholic WomanDating a workaholic woman is challenging, yes, undoubtedly; that’s why it needs to be treated differently. Here are some helpful tips on dating a work-enslaved woman:
- Be patient. Regular, non-work absorbed women require patience from their men. Work obsessed women, with their last minute date changes, scheduled dates, and extremely long work hours need twice, thrice more of patience from their man. That’s the only way you’re going to survive this relationship; that, or breaking up with her.
- Be more assertive in your couple time. Instead of waiting and begging and being at her mercy all the time, you may have to squeeze in some assertion sometimes to get her to actually commit some real quality time with you.
- Make sure that you actually give her quality time whenever you actually spend time. It does not matter how you spend it as long as you spend it in what you both would call a ‘quality time’ together. It could simply be lounging on the pool or sipping some latte’s late into the night, or just a quick working lunch. What matters is you get to catch up and make sure that you guys know that you’re very much still a part of each other’s lives.
- Compliment her for all the work that she’s doing. Her dedication to her work means that the career means a lot to her, and the slightest compliment on everything that she’s doing for it will give her some sense of gratification for all her sacrifices. For her to know that you understand and that you’re proud of everything she’s doing would let her know that all her efforts are worth it. (And it will make you look like the good guy – good for you, yay!)
- Get yourself busy too. Instead of moping around and feeling sorry for yourself for having an absentee girlfriend, get yourself busy and productive too! Be it at work or at home, make something of yourself – something that will make your woman proud and thankful for having you.
Workaholic women are a handful, and these are just a few of the things you can do to keep up dating with a work addicted woman.
My name is TJ, and this is my personal blog. I write about everything I
feel passionate about - politics, transitional justice and also my new
love: meditation and yoga!
Click here for my LinkedIn profile.